Gokyo Lake Trek
Gokyo Lake Trek is positioned at Everest region, eastern part of Nepal close to Tibet border. The main attraction features are beautiful Gokyo lakes, Highest Mt Everest 8848 m & Mt Cho Oyu 8202m, Sherpa people lifestyle their typical cultures and various exploration. It is second popular trek in Everest region. There is hug glacier called Ngozumba. There is local Sherpa people lifestyle and culture exploration as well as breathtaking white snow Mountain viewing trek. We do organize 11 days walking perfect itinerary. The position is left side of Everest base camp. It is possible to do together Everest base camp Gokyo valley crossing Cho La Pass 5420m. There is one of the incredible view point called Gokyo Ri 5360m from where can have incredible and breathtaking Everest and many other white snow peaks. It is easy going, finest trail and very joyful walking all the way up then after success main destiny trek will head all the way downhills. There is 5th lake but three lakes are most beautiful as third is so beautiful situated at camp side then 4th and 5th are bit far.
Gokyo valley trek called Gokyo Lake Trek and wilderness trek. It is 11 days walking perfect itinerary. The area is mainly Sherpa people inhabitant and they have some cultivate but not so good for cultivating due to high and cold. The trek starts Kathmandu to Lukla by flight. It will be very joyful fly something 35 minutes along incredible white snow mountains. Day first is very easy walking just 4/5 hours to Phakding 2610m. Monjo village has main check post entry gate of Everest region trek as Sagarmatha national park. They required your permit and if you don’t issued entry permit they will not allowed to visit in Everest region trek. Namche bazaar is one of the beautiful and everything touristic facilitate town where we do recommend acclimatization rest day. We recommend couple of nights and visit around wonderful Everest view point as Everest Hotel and Khunde Khumjung where is High school and hospital funding by first climber of Mt Everest Admin Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa Heroic of Mountains. Trek heads continue Dole, Machhermo and Gokyo Lake. All camps are very beautiful open valley and breathtaking white snow mountain views. Gokyo Valley or Gokyo Lake is main destiny and we will take you to excellent view point of GOkyo Ri from where can see incredible world highest Mt Everest 8848 m, Mt Cho Oyu 8202 m, Ngozumpa glacier and Gokyo Lakes Flora & faunas. The Sherpa community, lifestyle their culture and own tradition as well as many beautiful mountain views sceneries makes wonderful experience in lifetimes. The most of the people are Buddhist religious and there is many new and oldest monasteries. It is not too hard trek and such beautiful trek in Nepal. Related treks are Everest base camp, Everest three pass and Everest view Trek. Cho La pass 5420m is bridge of Everest base camp and Gokyo Lake Trek.
We do organize best trip. Please, feel free we are always pleased to response you and share you reality information about related treks and about Nepal. All of our stuffs are professional, helpful and dedicated team. If you give us lead your trip we make wonderful and satisfaction trek to you. Gokyo lake trek is such wonderful and best trekking destination and we make much betterment management and easy to success the trip. It is shirt time various observate in Nepal. Trust us we give more information then when you do it you will get same reality in feel. Our motto is to make satisfied to our clients. Thanking…
Some Important Tips of Gokyo Lake Trek:
Major Attraction of Gokyo Lake Trek:
The major attractions are Sherpa People lifestyle, their culture and tradition, Gokyo Lakes and incredible white snow peaks as Mt Everest 8848 m, Mt Lhotse 84516m, Cho Oyu 8202m, Mt Amadablam 6800m, Thamserku 6608m, Kusum Kanguru 6367m and Taboche peak 6375m and Cholatse 6335. The mountain views, 1 to 5 th lakes makes and Ngozumpa Glacier and Sherpa lifestyle makes such unforgettable trek to visitors.
What kinds of trekking gear do we need to prepare for Gokyo Lake Trek?
Gokyo Lake Trek is one of the most most beautiful trek and need to get around 5000m so need to well prepare for it. The trek starts from 2800m from sea level to highest is 5360m. So the important gears are here big jacket as down jacket, warm enough fleece, warm paint & inner, warm hat, gloves, warm enough sucks, warm trouser or trekking pants, some quick dry trekking t-shirt, half paint, warm enough negative sleeping bag, comfortable trekking boot, headlight, sandal, 2 liter water bottle, sun cream, sun glasses, day pack comfort bag, camera and charger as two pin etc.
Carry your important medicine:
Medicine is very important if you have any disease you must carry the medicine with you. I mean “prevention is better than care” mountain region we can’t find any health care, clinic, and hospital if there is clinic you may not get according to your problems medicine. So that; I humble request please prepare if you are continually taking any medicine please bring with you or buy in Kathmandu. It is very important but our company will provide something first aid kit bag normally as a headache, fever, stomach problem as diarrhea, cough & cool some bandage, tape & Diamox for high altitude sickness etc.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2652m) walking (4-5 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar and visit the Khumjung valley where the school and hospital at Khunde was sponsored by Sir Edmund Hillary. The first views of Everest, Ama Dablam and Thamserku can be seen from here. Then trek back to Namche Bazaar and stay overnight in the same lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Dole (4200m) walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Machermo (4470m) walking (4-5 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Gokyo (4760m) walking (4 hrs) after lunch visit 4th and 5th lakes then back to Gokyo. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Early morning ascend Gokyo Ri (5430m) (2 hrs) and back to lodge then trek to Machermo walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Lukla (2800m) walking (7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Fly to Kathmandu (35 minutes) and transfer to your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 12: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Two nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges during trek.
- One English speaking Government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation by flights etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Kathmandu to Lukla and Returning Lukla to kathmandu flight tickets.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Seasonal fruits and some snacks as cookies.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
General Information about Gokyo Lake Trek:
- Program Name: Gokyo Lake Trek.
- Trek start & End: Lukla
- Meals: Verities item available but vegetable item is healthy due to organic product.
- Accommodation: Two nights Hotel in Kathmandu and comfortable rooms during the trek.
- Transportation: By Flight Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Total Days: 9 nights 10 days walking.
- Permit: Need two entrance permits as Sagarmatha national park and TIMS Trekking Information Management System.
- Walking: Each day need to walk 6 to 7 hours.
- Popular Places: Lukla – Namche – Khunde – Khumjung – Machermo – Gokyo.
- Sceneries: Such a white snow Mountains view, Open Landscapes and valley, River and Hills.
- Attractive Mountains: Mt Everest 8848 m, Lhotse 8516 m, Cho Oyu 8202m, Amadablam 6800m, Taboche peak 6300m, Cholatse 6300m and many more.
- People Lifestyle & Cultures: Inhabitant of Sherpa people and their traditional cultures Buddhist religious and many monasteries.
- Major camps: Phakding – Namche – Namche Excursion to Khunde Khumjung and Everest view Hotel – Dole – Machermo – Gokyo - Gokyo Ri 5360m Machermo - – Namche – Lukla – Kathmandu.
- Further Information:Please, feel free with us we are always pleased to share you reality information immediately.
Date & Depature
Term & Condition